Wifi is increasingly becoming a critical part of many businesses. But when it goes wrong, it’s a mystery to fix. Commonly users complain of ‘it was there a minute ago’, or ‘the speed is so slow’. Users expect business wifi to work – and effective wifi saves time, increases productivity and ensures your business can run smoothly.
Using our extensive knowledge and experience, we can save you time, prevent unnecessary cost and keep your users working efficiently.
Our Wireless Surveys helps you:
* Design and deploy the most accurate indoor and outdoor wireless network correctly, saving additional time and preventing costly reworking, time wasted and IT complaints.
* Minimise wasted costs on unnecessary extra wireless equipment, such as Access Points, cabling installs and trade time.
* See the wireless network how your end users see it, estimating data download and upload speeds in different parts of your premises to ensure your users can carry out their roles.
* Identify interference and potential blackspots that may slow down your wifi, and cause complaints from your users.
* Simulate ‘what if’ scenarios before any new equipment is purchased.
What does a Wireless Survey consist of?
* Consultancy – we talk to you about your wifi and wireless network requirements, understanding your present needs and problems, helping you to plan for any future expansion, and ensuring there is enough spare capacity in your network.
* We conduct a site survey of your premises to identify signal strengths, interference from existing sources which may make your signal weaker or speeds slow, and identifying black spots in your networks.
* We produce a detailed consultancy report, analysing the results of the site survey and helping you to improve your wireless network.
This includes the type of equipment needed and its specification, along with the placement of wifi access points in your building).
* We can then pass this onto your existing IT or Facilities Management teams to progress, or our Installation Team can work with you to install your network improvements.
How do we do it?
* We map out plans of your premises, or convert existing plans into our recording systems.
* Using specialised equipment connected to laptop computers, we record and analyse the frequencies that your wireless internet will work on each room of your building.
* We then create heat-maps of your building, showing where there is interference which will reduce the visibility of your network, or cause upload and download speed issues.
How much does it cost?
This is dependent on the size of your buildings predominantly, as this is where most time is taken up – visiting your workplace and walking around taking measurements.
This can take anything from one hour to several days. Your location in the UK is also a factor, as we need to visit you at least once.
Although we are very discreet, work can also be carried out in the evenings and weekends when your premises are closed.
How do I find out more?
A huge part of our work is consultancy – talking to business owners, facilities managers, fit out companies and IT managers about their requirements.